Uelsen natural gas storage facility
Due to its favourable location close to the Dutch border in the county of Bentheim, the Uelsen natural gas deposit was recommended.
After many years of production, the Uelsen gas storage facility was expanded. In 2008 the storage facility was expanded by a seventh storage well.
Today, the porous sandstones of the Triassic geological formation (bunter), which lie here at a depth of 1,490 metres, are accessible via seven storage boreholes. With a working gas volume of approx. 860 million m³n Uelsen is Storengy's largest pore storage facility in Germany.
- Location: Itterbeck close to Uelsen / County Bentheim, Lower Saxony
- Storage type: pore storage
- Gas quality: H-gas
- Geological formation: bunter
- Depth: 1,490 m below ground level
- Working gas volume: approx. 860 million m³n
- Max. injection capacity: 300,000 m³n/h
- Max. withdrawal rate: 395,000 m³n/h
- Number of storage wells: 7
- Year of construction / commissioning: 1997
- Market area / Network operator: Trading Hub Europe (THE) / Gasunie
Safety information according to accident law
Safety flyers and data for on-site inspections in accordance with §16 StörfallV can be found in our media library (german)